Thursday, November 20, 2008

When The Call Gets Dropped


Now that I got your ear, this has nothing to do with cell phones, crappy service, or literally dropping your phone during a call. This has to do with the purpose each human has for their own life. Now if you feel there is no Supreme Being in life then this does not apply, if there was not Intelligent Design then we are mere accidents serving no purpose and it would make no difference running around killing and raping anyone we so choose. Morality, ethics, laws of civility, etc can be discussed at a later time. For those of you who do have a sense in a higher power, a higher order than listen up. We were created in the image of the invisible, in God's likeness and His image. We are the eikons of God. The other thing to point out is each person had a calling/purpose/reason for being. When we begin to discover our calling, meaning begins to invade our life.

I sat down with a great friend and great leader, Ray Schulz, someone I allow to speak into my life and we discussed the calling and I wanted to expound on it.

I want to talk about the three elements of fulfilling your calling. I have had several friends who felt a burden for ministry and a true calling and never wen into ministry or left after beginning. To put it in terms familiar with cell phones, they have dropped their call and it wasn't the other person who had bad service, it was themselves.

The first thing when someone is telling me hey do not know what they are meant for or doubt they are meant for anything truly great, I ask them, "What is your passion?" In the last RMCC Made video, I ask Coug, "How do you express yourself?"
Passion is the required intangible quality of anyone who is truly great.
What our passion is typically creates our calling, our purpose, our sunshine & smiles with ice tea on a nice spring morning! Look inside at your passion and desires.

The second is your abilities. Let me give you the MOST valuable two words you an ever here, these two words are worth a whole blog on. Ready? It is very profound and deep if you choose to really chew it.

YOU CAN!

Your abilities that you already posses will give you the necessary tools... but don't use that last statement for arrogance. You may not have all the tools on the table yet. Learn, grow, read, adapt, observe, be taught, coached, mentored and led. All the abilities are available if you so desire to be the best. Don't settle for mediocrity but instead set yourself to achieve excellence, being the best that you are capable of.

The last thought is location. Location, location, location is said of the importance to real estate, hunting and pan handling. Here is six words for you...

You are in the RIGHT place!

I hear so many other pastors who say I am not sure I am at the right church, or my pastor doesn't support my vision. What? Your pastor doesn't support your vision... get him on your team or tweak your vision to adapt to his vision. His job is not to adpt the whole organization to you! You are able to be great and fulfill your calling where you are at. Where you are at is a part of your future.
Earl Creps said, "Many times your future makes sense of your past."
Hindsight is 20/20, so be present now and fulfill your calling.

Can you hear me now?



3 Elements of Fulfilling Your Calling
  • Passion
  • Ability
  • Location

No comments: